glyphosate

A lot of oats contain glyphosate/round up. Does yours?

Comments

  • Hi Heidi,

    Thanks for getting in touch! It's an excellent question and I absolutely understand your concern.

    We have always maintained very high standards when it comes to our ingredients and processes. Because of this we are commited to making sure our oats are well below the accepted safe levels of pesticide residue and heavy metals.

    Our oat supplier Lantmännen is continually analysing samples to see if there is any glyphosate in the oats they deliver. No trace has ever been found in any of these analyses. Nature is really supporting us with this! The quite harsh conditions where our oats are grown mean that pesticides are not as frequently used.

    I hope this has answered your question. Please do not hestitiate to get back in touch if you would like more information. This is an issue we take very seriously and are more than happy to talk about.

    All the best
    Rowena
  • Our family have made the switch to Oatly now for the last 2 months from dairy and we really enjoy it. However, I do have a concern on Glyphosate traces in oats and I can’t see anywhere on your website that states Glyphosate free?
    You state 75% of your oats are grown in Sweden, I assume this is through your supplier Lantmannen. This leaves 25% from the US And Canada which use Glyphosates extensively. Can you give me facts that will reassure me that we should continue using Oatly products?
    Howard
  • Hi Howard,

    Thanks for contacting us! It is wonderful that your family enjoy our oat drink and you raise a really important concern.

    Prior to 2018, all of our oats were grown in Sweden. However, in 2018 the Swedish oat crop was significantly smaller due to a drought. This resulted in our supplier, Lantmännen, buying from farmers outside of Sweden.

    Roughly 20-25% of our oats are imported. These come predomenantly from Finland, but also elsewhere in the Baltics to a small degree. Despite this, the standards placed on our supplier have not changed. This means that they still continually analyse the oats they supply. No trace of glyphosates has ever been found in these analyses. 

    I hope this has answered your concerns. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

    All the best
    Rowena

Add your comment or create a new post

Your name and post can be seen by everyone.Your e-mail will never be shown publicly.